This module introduces students to the fundamentals of current, voltage and resistance. In addition, the module introduces essential concepts such as the relationship between temperature and resistance, electron velocity, and the direction of current flow. The module also covers wire sizes, the resistor color code, and troubleshooting resistors.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Define electric current.
- Describe electron flow and conventional flow.
- Discuss electric potential and voltage.
- List the five main types of voltage sources.
- Differentiate between a voltage source and a current source.
- Explain the difference between a dependent source and independent source.
- Define resistance.
- Describe the relationship between temperature and resistance.
- List various types of resistors.
- Utilize the resistor color code.